My first steps with English knitting
I’ve signed in on Ravelry one month ago and everything there (or almost everything) is English. I’ve seen beautiful patterns of socks (an other stuff too) and I really want to try one. That’s why I’ve decided to learn how to knit in English!
Here are some basics:
– knit stitch = maille endroit (abréviation : k)
– purl stitch = maille envers (abr : p)
– to cast on = monter des mailles (abr : CO)
– to cast off or to bind off = rabattre les mailles, terminer l’ouvrage (abr : BO)
– decrease = diminution (abr : dec)
– increase = augmentation (abr : inc)
The pattern which makes me learn English knitting is the one on the picture. If you click on it you will be able to reach it!
And what about you knitting addicts, do you knit in English?